Keeping Orchestras Engaged, Peer-Sharing Session | Video, Podcast & Resources
On Thursday, 4 February 2021, we hosted a peer-sharing session on keeping orchestras engaged over Zoom.
We heard from Paula Klein of Ulster Youth Orchestra, Joanna Crooks & Nicole Hudon from St Agnes’ Community Centre for Music and the Arts in Dublin, Sinéad Hayes from Athenry Music School Sinfonietta and Sophie Butler from ConCorda Chamber Music Course for Strings – all of whom have had very successful online engagement this year.
We also invited informal contributions from a number of other members and had an open discussion and sharing session.
Below are a number of resources, a video of the session and also a podcast for easy listening.
- Podcast of the session (mp3)
- Paula Klein’s Ulster Youth Orchestra presentation (pdf)
- Ulster Youth Orchestra Lockdown Video – BBC feature
- Sinead Hayes, Athenry Music School, Zoom Conducting case study (pdf)
- Sinead Hayes website
- Patrick Early ‘Getting Jamulus to work for string players (pdf)
- IAYO Video: Online Workshops on Jamulus | Set-up, technical requirements & rehearsal with Patrick Early
- Video: Online Workshop on Delivering Online Orchestra and Performance Models with Katharine Mac Mághnuis
- Organising a ZOOM Concert | Step-by-Step guide provided by St Agnes’ CCMA
- Instructions for optimising Zoom sound when using music tracks or playing an instrument in a teaching session. (pdf)