Theatre Forum Open Forum: Pay & Conditions in the Performing Arts | 18 October
Theatre Forum is hosting an Open Forum on Monday, 18 October from 11am – 1pm on Zoom on the topic of ‘Pay & Conditions in the Performing Arts’.
Everyone is invited to this Open Forum to talk about the actions you think are needed to change artist and arts workers’ pay and conditions for the better. On Monday, you will hear from artists, arts workers, funders, unions, resource organisations, politicians and more.
Open Call for Contributors
What actions do you think are needed to improve artist and arts workers’ pay and conditions? If you’d like to address the meeting and give us your perspective then we would like to hear from you! A few things to note:
- To allow as many voices as possible, we’re asking people to speak for between 3 – 5 minutes.
- If you’d like to speak, mail email@example.com with a one-liner on your topic or perspective before 5pm on Thursday 14 October.
- You don’t have to be a Theatre Forum member to address the Forum – we’d love to hear from new voices.
- There is a fee for freelance and independent artist and arts worker contributors of €150. Submissions can be live on the day or pre-recorded.
- We are working to make all our events accessible. If having some additional support would make it possible for you to address the Forum, please let us know in your email.
- We will record the meeting and have live captions available on the day too.
Theatre Forum’s Review of Pay and Conditions in the Performing Arts in Ireland in 2019 and 2020 pointed to a further deterioration of pay and conditions in our sector. The Payscales 2019-2020 survey findings will be used as evidence to support the case for the Basic Income pilot scheme as well as helping identify the systemic changes you want to see in the performing arts. Here’s a link to Heather Maitland’s Payscales Survey 2019-2020 report.
For further information, please see theatreforum.ie.