Funding: Creative Youth Nurture Fund
The Creative Youth Nurture Fund is a pilot scheme that will support youth-led cultural, artistic and creative engagement by young people aged between 6-24 years.
The Nurture Fund will support individuals and organisations that can reach specific groups of young people that are too often seldom heard, to nurture their creative passions and ignite their creative potential.
More information can be found here about the Fund.
Applications must be completed online and submitted via submit.com by Friday, 9 June 2023 at 5pm.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- a commitment to supporting children and young people to access culture, creativity and the arts.
- how they can reach and support children and young people who experience barriers to access creative opportunities, in particular those within one of the priority groups listed below;
- how you will ensure children and young people are at the heart of decision making in the development of the creative initiative using best practice outlined in the National Framework for Children and Young People’s Participation in Decision-making
- how you will support engagement by children and young people across the form(s) of creativity; and
- how you will evaluate and report on the process and outcomes, with input from the children and young people involved.
Proposals are invited from organisations, individuals or partnerships with experience of working with the following groups of children and young people:
- Living with physical or intellectual disabilities;
- Refugees and asylum-seekers;
- Living with mental health issues
- Traveller and Roma;
- Those within, or transitioning from, the care system; or
- Engaged with the youth justice system/ incarcerated persons and ex-offenders (up to age 24).
€500,000 is available across two years to support projects. It is expected that between 8 -10 pilot projects in the Republic of Ireland with budgets of between €50,000 — €90,000 will be funded for 18-24 months in duration.
- You will be asked to register an account and verification of the email address provided takes place before you make your final submission.
- You may save your application and return to it at a later time, however the portal will close at 5.00pm Friday, 9 June and you will no longer be able to access the application.
- Once your application is submitted it cannot be amended.
There will be an online information session on Tuesday, 9 May. This information session will give you the opportunity to learn more about the fund, how to apply using submit.com, and to ask questions directly to the Creative Youth team. You can register here for the session.