Dublin Youth Orchestras’ Summer Courses 2023
The annual DYO Chamber Music Summer Courses for strings and wind instruments will take place in St Columba’s College, Rathfarnham in July 2023.
The DYO Chamber Music Summer Courses are designed for young musicians (from age 9 to 18) with some experience in orchestra and chamber music and also for those who are completely new to ensemble playing.
The courses offer a unique blend of music-making and traditional summer camp fun activities, making this an action-packed and unforgettable experience. Students have the option to board in luxurious accommodation, or to attend as day pupils.
- For secondary school-age musicians
- Dates: Sunday, 2 July to Friday, 7 July 2023
- For primary school-age musicians (minimum age 9)
- Sunday, 9 July to Wednesday, 12 July 2023
During the course students:
- Play and perform music in a fun, informal, and uncompetitive environment.
- Explore a rich and varied repertoire of chamber and orchestral music.
- Receive professional tutoring in chamber music skills – playing and working together, and rising to new challenges with fantastic results musically.
- Perform for their peers in daily evening concerts, gaining valuable performance experience.
- Rehearse and perform in full wind and string orchestras, and smaller chamber orchestras or wind ensembles.
- Wind players have the opportunity to explore a full repertoire of classical, jazz, swing, and blues music with an experienced wind tutor.
- Participate in daily extra activities, including drama workshops, song-writing masterclasses, a variety of sports, and evening fun.
- Work towards a final formal concert for family and friends
- Build relationships with like-minded people – and sometimes life-long friendships
Bookings will open in Spring 2023. All information will be found on DYO’s website.