Apply for FAME’S European Orchestral Performing Institute
Applications are now open for FAME’S European Orchestral Performing Institute.
Application deadline: Monday, 12 June 2023.
Learn more and apply online here.
FAME’S European Orchestral Performing Institute opened a European Creative orchestral program for skilled young musicians in the field of orchestral music last year. The project is co-funded by Creative Europe and is part of Pan-European cultural entities, focused on allowing young talented musicians to participate in various orchestral practices, exploring new repertoires and performance styles within the FAME’S Project – a dedicated studio for orchestral music recordings. The program offers a highly professional level of training, practicing, mentoring, and performing, through new methodologies and technologies based on all involved partners experience.
Each seminar lasts 6 weeks and is organized around five topics and practice subjects (classical music, film and media, hybrid orchestral, carte blanche, recording sessions)
The chosen applicants will receive fully funded scholarship for the masterclasses. They will be welcomed and accommodated on FAME’S premises. The participants will only take charge of their travel costs.The program aims to reach around 160 participants from at least 20 European countries over three years.
Each seminar consists of 5 different masterclasses, practices:
- Classical music, baroque, and contemporary music (Saturday, 8 July until Wednesday, 19 of July)
- Film/media/video game music (Thursday, 20 July – Wednesday, 26 July)
- Hybrid orchestral jazz and modern music
- Carte blanche (with special guest)
- Immersion professional recording sessions
The main ambition of the project is to offer young talented European classical musicians an intensive orchestral work program implemented by the participants with physical participation in the training, mentoring, rehearsal, and performing sessions along with masterclasses in the FAME’S studios and premises.
Each seminar and program is organised around two axes:
- The first axis is focused on a theoretical approach and will provide the participants an initial contact with the whole program and training sessions.
Under expert mentoring, along with masterclasses addressing the topics of music practice, rehearsal methods and strategies, development of artistic and personal ways of expression, economic and carrier development approaches.
- The second axis has focused on the implementation in the practice of participants for professional performances and results. Therefore, each program concluded with a practical output in the form of professional recordings, live performances on concerts, recorded and streamed live.
Who can apply:
- Musicians who are in the process of getting their academic certifications or have already finished their formal education
- Citizens of one of the 27 countries of the European Union or non-EU countries participating in Creative Europe Program (Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Ukraine, Georgia)
- Are aged between 16 – 30 years old
- Fluent in English Language
- Have applied and sent all the required files