Job Opportunity: Youth Participation Officer with IAYO
The Irish Association of Youth Orchestras (IAYO) invites applications for the position of Youth Participation Officer. This is an opportunity to contribute to the development of the youth voice and youth leadership in IAYO itself and in youth orchestras throughout Ireland.
This is a new position created to incorporate a model of youth participation in decision making that will prioritise young people’s ideas, opinions, and voices in our work.
The Youth Participation Officer will work initially with a sub-committee of the board and join a team including the CEO, Programmes Manager, Administrator, Marketing and Communications Officer and the Marketing and Communications Assistant with more than one-hundred professional and voluntary artistic and organisational staff engaged annually.
The Application Deadline is Thursday, 01 September 2022 at 22:00 Irish Standard Time (UTC+1).
Responsibilities for the role of Youth Participation Officer will include:
- Attend training with Hub na nÓg and maintain links with Hub na nÓg;
- Coordinate IAYO staff, board and stakeholder training with Hub na nÓg;
- Gather evidence of best practise among members and networks (including outside Ireland);
- Develop resources for members around youth participation in youth orchestras;
- Assess all aspects of IAYO work for elements of and opportunities for youth participation including attendance at courses / events;
- Develop induction training for new members of IAYO Youth Committee;
- Plan focus group process and expectations and recruit focus group of youth reps from member orchestras;
- Focus group of youth reps from member orchestras to develop strategic plan and charter of participation for IAYO youth committee;
- Develop youth participation policy for IAYO and templates for member orchestras, in conjunction with IAYO youth committee / focus group;
- Recruitment of new members of IAYO Youth Committee;
- Induct members of IAYO Youth Committee;
- Coordinate youth committee participation in events e.g. Festival, Ovation Awards;
- Ongoing support of IAYO Youth Committee to include planning and evaluation of progress and monthly meetings;
- Liaison between Committee and IAYO staff & board;
- Identify and organise development opportunities for members of IAYO youth committee e.g. additional training, guest speakers, NYCI;
- Ensure safeguarding children principles are applied to all work with young people in line with the IAYO safeguarding statement and policy;
- Create and implement a monitoring and evaluation process for the development of the youth voice / youth leadership in IAYO.
For further information of this post, please download the Application Pack.
The Application Deadline is Thursday, 01 September 2022 at 22:00 Irish Standard Time (UTC+1). Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Interviews will take place on Friday, 16 September 2022.