Job Opportunity: Programmes Manager with IAYO
The Irish Association of Youth Orchestras is seeking applications for the newly-created post of Programmes Manager.
Reporting to the CEO, this role is an excellent opportunity for someone who loves working with music and musicians to get involved in organising courses and concerts for groups such as the Irish Youth Wind Ensemble and the Irish Youth Baroque Orchestra, managing the annual Festival of Youth Orchestras, working with member orchestras and musicians on training courses and providing members and young musicians with resources through our music library and instrument bank.
The main aspects of the role include:
- Working with our artistic directors and collaborators in planning and on-site management of courses and performance tours for young people;
- Managing the annual Festival of Youth Orchestras at the National Concert Hall;
- Developing and managing courses and workshops for youth orchestras and their facilitators;
- Overseeing the maintenance and development of our instrument bank, music library and other resources;
- Overseeing the daily work of our Administrator and our Marketing and Communications Officer in their contributions to our programmes and feeding into performance reviews for those staff;
- Working with IAYO members and young people to inform the future development of our activities and resources;
- Attending concerts and events and representing IAYO to our stakeholders.
For the role of Programmes Manager, we are seeking a person with a passion for music and for enabling young people to participate in ensemble music-making who enjoys working as part of a flexible and committed team.
We are looking for someone that can lead in the delivery of our programme of events, activities and resources, work collegially with artistic directors and artistic staff, manage course staff and volunteers and be responsible for the wellbeing of the young people in our care.
The Application Deadline is Monday, 11 April 2022 at 20:00.
For further information on the role, please download the Application Pack.