Job Opportunity: National Child Protection Manager with NYCI
The National Youth Council of Ireland (NYCI) is seeking to recruit a National Child Protection Manager. This role is funded by the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth to support and resource the youth work sector to meet their child safeguarding and child protection responsibilities.
NYCI is a membership led, national umbrella organisation which represents and supports community, voluntary and not for profit youth organisations in Ireland. Founded in 1967, NYCI currently have 52 members across Ireland who represents the scope, scale and diversity of the youth work sector. At a conservative estimate, youth organisations influence the lives of almost 380,000 young people in every urban/rural community in Ireland.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- To manage and lead NYCI’s Child Protection Programme in order to support and resource the entire youth work sector to meet their child protection and safeguarding responsibilities;
- To advocate on behalf of the youth work sector on issues relating to child protection and safeguarding, and develop policy positions;
- To develop strategic relationships with key stakeholders in the wider voluntary and statutory sectors in relation to child protection and safeguarding;
- To be a key member of the NYCI team in achieving the strategic aims of the organisation;
- To provide a range of support to the youth work sector through the provision and oversight of trainings, briefings, seminars and guidance;
- To provide expertise in child safeguarding and child protection legislation and practice for the youth work sector;
- To produce a number of resource publications for the youth work sector;
- To manage a national child protection training model including training content and updates, coordination of and monitoring of organisations availing of the model, quality assurance; oversight and support;
- To identify, develop, deliver and measure the impact of training programmes on a wide range of child protection related issues for those working with young people;
- To monitor trends in child protection and respond accordingly by developing training, resources and/or sourcing expert trainers
- To support youth organisations to develop their child protection related policies, procedures and Child Safeguarding Statements;
- To manage the Child Protection Programme’s panel of trainers- oversight, monitoring, coordination, and support;
- To have budget responsibility for the Child Protection Programme;
- To advise on quality in relation to safeguarding and child protection;
- To chair the Child Safeguarding Committee for the Youth Work Sector;
- To build on learning, ideas, activities priorities identified under national, regional and local initiatives to promote safeguarding of young people;
- To implement a range of measurement tools to evaluate the work to identify outcomes and ensure most effective use of resources
- To establish and contribute to the development of collaborative projects and programmes aimed at child safeguarding and protection
- To be a key member of the NYCI team in achieving the strategic aims of the organisation.
- To represent NYCI as required on relevant working groups and committees at regional and national level;
- This job description is not exhaustive. It may be amended to meet the changing requirements of the National Youth Council of Ireland and its funding partners.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon, Tuesday, 3 August 2021.
For further details, application and person specification, please see youth.ie.