Job opportunity: Administrator with Music Generation Galway County
Music Generation Galway County is seeking to hire an Administrator who will have responsibility for the day-to-day administration of the Music Generation Galway County programme, reporting to the Music Generation Music Development Officer.
This role offers a unique opportunity for someone dynamic to join Galway and Roscommon ETB at a time of exciting change in the music education landscape in Ireland.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon, Thursday, 30 January 2020.
Duties shall include, but are not limited to:
• Provide comprehensive and efficient administration support to the Music Generation Galway County MDO and Galway Roscommon ETB in the delivery of the programmes;
• Administration of all aspects of the enrolment and record-keeping processes of Music Generation Galway County participants;
• Preparing agendas, writing and circulating minutes for various meetings.
• Assisting with the organisation and administration of the Music Generation Galway County and other events / performances, including assistance with the preparation and set-up for individual / group music tuition;
• Liaising with the musician tuition team on programme timetabling and scheduling;
• Working out of office hours, including occasional weekends, as required, to co-ordinate operations at community- based tuition centres, weekend and / or evening rehearsals / performances, workshops, Easter / summer camps or other events;
• Assisting with the obtaining and management of musical instruments, equipment and resources.
• Ensuring that fees are collected, lodged and accurately recorded according to procedures set by the Finance Department;
• Assisting in the preparation of finance reports on the Music Generation Galway County programme including gathering information for accounts and financial data;
• Processing information for the payment of salaries and wages to tutors and facilitators.
• Assisting with the preparation and distribution of press / communications and publicity material relevant to the work of Music Generation Galway County programme;
• Assisting with photography / videoing of rehearsals / concerts for archives and promotional use, including the dissemination of consent materials for this purpose;
• Promoting Music Generation through social media, updating the website and circulating electronic newsletters;
• Dealing with day-to-day enquiries from the general public; acting as a point of contact with the public and users of the service, processing enquiries and other requests for information.
• Undertake other duties at the direction of Galway Roscommon ETB as required, so as to ensure the success of Music Generation Galway County. Duties and responsibilities may evolve or change from time to time in accordance with the needs of the organisation.
Candidates should hold a full clean driving license and access to own transport is essential.
Salary: Fixed Contract, €24,119 per annum.
For further information and to apply online, please see galwayroscommon.etb.ie.