Job Opportunity: Youth Singing Coordinator with Sing Ireland
Sing Ireland, the national organisation for group singing, is seeking a dynamic and organised Youth Singing Coordinator to join them in 2024 to work on their youth programmes.
Learn more here about the role.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in playing an important role in youth singing in Ireland, send your CV, a one-page cover letter, and a brief description of your interest in Sing Ireland’s youth singing programmes to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 7 February 2024 at 5pm.
Indicative contract period: February 2024 to August 2024 (fixed purpose contract to be negotiated).
Contact hours: The contract centers around summer programmes in June and July 2024 and the contact hours will be weighted towards greater hours in those months and an incremental increase in hours over the period February to May 2024.
About Sing Ireland:
Sing Ireland is at the forefront of promoting the many benefits and positive impacts of collective singing. We believe in the power of voices coming together to create meaning and powerful developmental experiences for young people. Our youth programmes, including the Irish Youth Choir, Irish Youth Training Choir, and YouthSing Ireland, aim to nurture the next generation of group singing talent. We aim to ensure that every young voice in Ireland can have a meaningful group singing experience that makes an impact upon their lives and creates pathways to a lifelong love of music and a culturally, socially, and musically engaged society in Ireland.
As a Youth Singing Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in organising, liaising with, and contributing to the success of Sing Ireland’s youth programmes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Organising Youth Programmes: Work collaboratively with the team in planning and executing various youth singing programmes, ensuring an enriching experience for participants.
- Administration: Support the day-to-day administrative tasks related to youth programmes, from communication with participants to overseeing logistical details.
- Irish Youth Choirs: Facilitate the preparation and delivery of Irish Youth Choirs events/residential courses and performances.
- YouthSing Ireland: Coordinate the planning and delivery of the various activity associated with the YouthSing Ireland initiative.
- A passion for choral music and youth development.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Previous experience in coordinating youth programmes or similar roles.