Job Opportunity: Programme Management Officer with The Arts Council
The Arts Council is the government agency for developing the arts in Ireland. The Arts Council work in partnership with artists, arts organisations, public policy makers and others to build a central place for the arts in Irish life. The Arts Council currently have an exciting full-time, permanent contract at Executive Officer (EO) Grade for a Programme Management Officer.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 12.00 noon on Monday, 6 November 2023.
The Strategic Development Department (SDD) in the Arts Council leads out on the development, implementation and evaluation of corporate strategy, Making Great Art Work 2016 – 2025, and specific corporate policies.
The Department supports staff to deliver the strategy and aligned policy objectives by establishing best practice approaches to research, evidence-based policy development and project and programme management.
The Programme Management Office (PMO) sits in SDD and provides support to teams across the organisation to successfully deliver projects and initiatives.
The PMO has responsibility to:
- Create an overall programme plan with staff for the corporate strategy
- Ensure best practices in project and programme management are maintained
- Provide support for staff in preparing project and programme plans
- Manage change within the corporate programme plan
- Measure the success of the corporate programme delivery
- Monitor the progress of the corporate programme to ensure overall goals, schedules, and budget are met.
The Programme Management Officer will work closely with the Head of PMO to successfully deliver this work.
Further information can be found here.