Job Opportunity: Creative Learning and Activate Youth Theatre Programme Director with Graffiti
Graffiti is looking to recruit a maternity cover for the Creative Learning and Activate Youth Theatre Programme Director. Graffiti are looking for a dynamic, talented and highly motivated individual to deputise and lead the Creative Learning Programme over the course of the current director’s maternity leave.
Learn more about the role here.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Wednesday, 4 October 2023 at 9pm. Shortlisting may apply.
Please provide a letter of application detailing your suitability for the role and a CV detailing relevant skills and experience. Shortlisted candidates will be subject to interview and the successful candidate must be able to take up the position for a mid November handover. Please email your application in the strictest confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org with email title: Creative Learning and Activate Director Maternity Cover.
The role comprises two main areas: Creative Learning and Activate Youth Theatre. Graffiti’s Creative Learning programme comprises a range of high quality workshop offerings to schools and other settings. These range from drama skills to workshops helping children prepare for the move to Secondary school, to performance based subject specific pieces such as Rowan and the Seasons.
Location: Graffiti, Blackpool, Cork.Salary: €40,044 per annum.
- To manage and deliver the operational development of the Creative Learning Programme as set out by the existing Director.
- Work with our Bookings Officer and Marketing & Development Officer to promote Creative Learning workshops to the schools network and secure bookings.
- Manage the current team of freelance facilitators to book and deliver the range of workshops during term time in schools and with other opportunities in other settings outside of the school term.
- Creating schools resources for the Creative Learning programme – e.g resource packs for schools, supporting materials for workshops etc.
- Continue to nurture relationships with the schools network.
- To work with a wide age range of participants in formal and informal settings.
- To work with the Bookings Offer and General Manager to support timely invoicing and payments for workshops.
- Facilitation of schools workshops within programme.
- Assist in the preparation of funding applications that support Creative Learning’s programme.
- Liaison and updates to original post holder as part of their maternity leave Keep in Touch days, as needed.
- At least three years’ experience of creating, planning, developing and delivering theatre projects for young people in a youth theatre or community setting.
- Drama facilitation experience.
- Experience of delivering workshops in schools/colleges.
- Skills in time management and a positive attitude in the face of multiple demands.
- An understanding of contemporary theatre and drama practice.
- The ability to work with initiative, flair and creativity.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- The flexibility to deal with participants with a wide range of needs and backgrounds.
- The ability to liaise with external organisations and relevant groups.
- Administrative skills, including basic computing and database skills, report writing, and other requirements of project planning and deliver.
- Excellent team worker, supporting the work of colleagues as well as inviting support and input in return.
- Knowledge of safeguarding issues, particularly in relation to vulnerable young people.
- Experience with grant writing for funding applications.
- Experience of working in a producing theatre.
- Full clean driving license.
- Experience of working with young people and adults with learning disabilities.
- Working knowledge of the educational system.