Job Opportunity: Concerts & Planning Coordinator with the National Symphony Orchestra
The National Symphony Orchestra are currently seeking a Concerts & Planning Coordinator (1 Year Fixed Term vacancy).
How to apply: Please attach Cover Letter & CV in one document.
Closing Date: Monday, 27 February 2023
Role Location: National Concert Hall, Dublin. Due to the nature of this role considerable travel will be required on an ongoing basis to accommodate the orchestra and its programming commitments together with other business requirements both nationally and touring overseas.
Reporting to: General Manager National Symphony Orchestra & Choirs
The standard working week applying to this role is 41.24 gross hrs/ 82.50hrs gross per fortnight.
The NSO has a 7-day liability including weekends and public holidays and therefore flexibility is essential. There will a requirement for the post holder to work in other locations outside of the National Concert Hall, Dublin
The National Symphony Orchestra performs over seventy events per annum including approximately 30 subscription seasons symphonic concerts (September through May) at the National Concert Hall in Dublin. In addition, NSO produces broadcasts, film and audio recordings as well as seasonal and educational concerts.
- Book, contract and manage venues and service providers for rehearsals and performances.
- Be the key point of contact for the NSO with artists/agents/promoters worldwide.
- Negotiate & agree fees within agreed parameters, issue contracts and process payments for all artists.
- Monitor costs on a monthly basis.
- Attend all NSO rehearsals and performances in co-ordinating artists and liaising with venue staff, ensuring that backstage requirements are fulfilled.
- Organise orchestral tours throughout Ireland and further afield.
- Organise education initiatives with the orchestra from a concerts, artists, and repertoire and presentation perspective.
- Organise special events (e.g., fundraising, profile-building) with the orchestra from a concerts, artists, and repertoire and presentation perspective.
- Be responsible for maintaining the NSO recording archive
- Any other duties as may be required by the General Manager such as covering for any short-term absence within designated NSO administration team.
More info and application details here.