Job Opportunity: Administration Assistant with Galway Music Residency
Galway Music Residency is seeking an Administration Assistant (part-time) to support the organisation’s continuing development and growth.
Galway Music Residency (GMR) seeks to ignite and maintain a love of music in the people of Galway by presenting a diverse range of performance and education programmes through its ensemble in residence, the Galway ConTempo Quartet.
ConTempo Quartet was chosen as GMR’s Ensemble in Residence in 2002 and took up the position in 2003. During their 18 years with GMR they have captivated Galway audiences, inspired musicians and life-long learners, and made classical music accessible to all.
This new position is offered as a fixed term contract for a period of 12 months initially, with the possibility for renewal. A probationary period of 3 months applies.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 6 August 2021.
The working hours for this role are 20 hours per week. However, the nature of the role requires flexibility and a willingness to work outside of normal office hours on occasion. Time off in lieu will operate on an agreed basis. A pro-rata entitlement of 20 annual leave days excluding Public Holidays applies.
The position is based at Galway Music Residency’s offices, located at Riverside Terrapin, NUI Galway. However, the role will initially be remote only due to Covid-19 restrictions. The role may require the post holder to work at, and from, other locations throughout the city and county from time to time.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administration Assistant key responsibilities will include:
Main Duties and Functions:
- Day-to-day administration including dealing with queries, both public and internal (Board / Artists / Funders / Partners), liaising with suppliers, managing and maintenance of equipment and stationery stock, IT services (Printer suppliers / NUI Galway IT team) etc;
- Preparing and modifying documents including correspondence, reports and emails;
- Assisting with logistics of events and outreach activities (concerts / rehearsals / workshops);
- Compiling and preparing event programmes;
- Assisting at events and acting in the role of Front-of-House representative as required;
- Regularly updating GMR’s website, event calendar and social networking platforms;
- Administration of Friends Fundraising Scheme;
- Administration of Apprentice Ensemble scheme;
- Management of GMR’s mailing list;
- Ensuring Covid-19 health and safety guidelines are implemented at rehearsals, venues & office.
Other duties will include:
- Undertaking a variety of other duties at the direction of the Executive Director as required, so as to ensure the success of the Galway Music Residency.
The role of the post holder will not be limited by reference to this job description. It would be expected that the role will evolve as professional, structural and GMR demands change.
For further information, person specification and application details, please see galwaymusicresidency.ie.