Job Opportunity: Communication Officer with the European Music Council
The European Music Council is currently hiring a Communication Officer (M/F/D) to contribute to the development of the organisation in response to the needs of the European music sector in the 21st century. They are looking for an open-minded and dynamic person, with an interest in European music and cultural policy issues as well as international networking.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday, 18 January 2022.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing the communication strategies and plans of the EMC;
- Review and update of EMC website;
- Production and implementation of EMC communication tools and activities (publications, website, newsletters, social media accounts, EMC podcast, etc.);
- Creation and editing of content for websites, newsletters, social media, brochures, news articles, press releases – including layout, video/audio editing;
- Drafting press releases, and fostering existing as well as establishing new PR contacts with the relevant media;
- Coordination of external service providers (web design, layouts for print, printers, web host);
- Assisting the EMC Team with the organisation of EMC events, such as the European Forum on Music (online, hybrid and offline); EMC Webinars as well as EMC membership lounges;
- Assisting the EMC Team with general administration tasks (email-correspondence, shipping of material, dispatch of info-material, data-maintenance etc.).
Skills and experiences:
- Academic degree to undergraduate level in a relevant subject (e.g. in communication, music/ cultural sciences, cultural management, journalism, marketing or equivalent);
- Experience in communication & press work, as well as social media;
- Fluent in English, knowledge of German; further languages would be an asset;
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Audition) and/or other video & audio editing tools;
- Knowledge and experience in using CMS and databases (Typo3, WordPress);
- Further IT Skills (Office, computer network, IT infrastructure) would be an asset;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Knowledge of and interest in music and European cultural policy;
- The ability to prioritise workload and to work independently and in a team;
- A willingness to work flexible hours and travel.
The European Music Council (EMC), the regional group for Europe of the International Music Council (IMC), exists to support the interests of its 75+ member organisations, which include national music councils and music organisations from across Europe. The EMC initiates and organises cooperation projects, conferences and workshops on a European level, and is active in the field of cultural policy.
We offer an inspiring working environment, international contacts in the fields of music and cultural policy, and the opportunity to get an insight in all fields of work of a cultural NGO, such as EU and national cultural policy, international conferences and workshops, funding applications on EU and national level, membership communication and many more. At EMC you will join a young and enthusiastic team in Bonn, in the middle of the Rhine area and in close proximity to Cologne. This position offers the flexibility of combining working in the office and remotely.
The contract will be limited to 36 months, with a starting date as soon as possible.
According to your professional experience the salary will range between €2,500 and €2,800 (gross).
Please email your applications (cover letter and CV) by Tuesday, 18 January 2022 to Tanja Huthwelker, EMC office administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday, 26 January 2022 online.
For further information, please see www.emc-imc.org.