Job Opportunity: Administrator with Music Generation Roscommon
Galway and Roscommon Education and Training Board (GRETB) as Lead Partner for Roscommon Local Music Education Partnership, wishes to employ an Administrator to assist the Music Generation Development Officer with the organisation, promotion and day-to-day running and delivery of Music Generation performance music education programmes in County Roscommon.
The ideal candidate will have a relevant qualification, a passion for music in all its forms and for its promotion and development.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon, Wednesday, 26 January 2022.
Music Generation Roscommon is a performance music education programme in Co. Roscommon providing access to a range of vocal and instrumental music opportunities for children and young people in their local area.
Initiated by Music Network, Music Generation is co-funded by U2, The Ireland Funds, the Department of Education and Skills and Local Music Education Partnerships (LMEPs). Locally, Music Generation Roscommon is supported and funded by GRETB, Roscommon County Council, Tusla Child & Family Agency, Foróige, The Brothers of Charity, Roscommon PPN, Roscommon Leader partnership.
Reporting to the Music Generation Development Officer, the Music Generation Administrator has overall responsibility for the day-to-day administration of the Music Generation Roscommon programme. Duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Providing comprehensive and efficient administration support to the Music Generation Development Officer and GRETB in the delivery of the Music Generation Roscommon programme;
- Administration of all aspects of the enrolment and recording-keeping processes of Music Generation Roscommon participants;
- Preparing agendas, writing and circulating minutes for various meetings.
- Assisting with the organisation and administration of Music Generation Roscommon programmes and other events/performances, including assistance with the preparation and set-up for individual/group music tuition;
- Liaising with the musician educator team on programme timetabling and scheduling;
- Working out of office hours as required to co-ordinate operations at community-based tuition centres, weekend and/or evening rehearsals/performances, workshops, Easter/summer camps or other events;
- Assisting with the co-ordination of musical instruments, equipment and resources.
- Ensuring that fees are collected, lodged and accurately recorded according to procedures set by the Finance Department;
- Assisting in the preparation of finance reports on Music Generation Roscommon activities including gathering information for accounts and financial data;
- Processing information for the payment of salaries and wages.
- Assisting with the preparation and distribution of press/communications and publicity material relevant to the work of Music Generation Roscommon;
- Assisting with photography/recording of rehearsals/concerts for archives and promotional use;
- Promoting Music Generation through social media, updating the Music Generation Roscommon website where relevant and circulating electronic newsletters;
- Dealing with day-to-day enquiries from the general public, acting as a point of contact with the public and users of the service, processing enquiries and other requests for information.
- Undertake other duties at the direction of the Music Development Officer or GRETB as required, to ensure the success of Music Generation Roscommon. Duties and responsibilities may evolve or change from time to time in accordance with the needs of the organisation.
For further information on person specification, the role and applications details, please see gretb.ie/job/administrator.