WASBE Youth Wind Orchestra | Applications Open
Applications are open for wind, brass and percussion musicians to join the WASBE Youth Wind Orchestra (WYWO) from 18 – 24 July 2022 in Prague, Czech Republic.
Applications are open to musicians aged 18 – 26.
The WASBE Youth Wind Orchestra (WYWO) has been an important part of the WASBE Conferences held around the globe since 1983. WYWO brings together talented young musicians from all over the world to perform wind band repertoire at the highest level. Students will have the opportunity to work with internationally renowned conductors, composers and soloists during a week of intensive music-making in Prague in July 2022. The mission of WYWO is to unite players through the global language of music.
The proposed repertoire is a tribute to the verve and vigor of Czech music with emphasis on its Bohemian (Adam Gorb), Moravian (Evžen Zámečník, Pavel Staněk) and especially Lachian origins, so characteristic for the music of Leoš Janáček and his successors Václav Nelhýbel and Vladimir Studnička. WYWO will also pay tribute to Karel Husa, who was born in Prague in 1921.
The cost of participation is €300 and this includes:
- 6 nights accommodation in multi-bedrooms (18th July – 24th July 2022);
- 6 x breakfast at Youth Hostel;
- 5 x lunch;
- 7 x rehearsal in Congress Centre Czech National Bank;
- 1 x rehearsal in Žofín Palace Great Hall;
- 1 x concert in Žofín Palace Great Hall;
- Percussion instruments;
- 1 x ticket to Gala Concert of Prague Castle Guard and Czech Police Symphonic Band together with US Marine Band at St. Vitus Cathedral on 21 July 2022
Excluded: Any travel costs for journey to Prague, public transportation in Prague, travel insurance, dinners and the hiring or transport of instruments other than percussion.
Closing date for applications is Saturday, 30 April 2022.
For further information and application details, please see wasbe2022.com/wywo.