Jerome Hynes Young Composers’ Award 2022
Applications are open for the Jerome Hynes Young Composers’ Award 2022, an award of €2,500 for the commission of a new work to be premiered at the National Concert Hall.
This award is for the commission of a new work, which will be premiered at the National Concert Hall, giving the young composer a platform to showcase their talent.
- Entrants must be 30 years old or younger on 10 June 2022. They must be Irish or living in Ireland;
- Entrants must submit the scores of two existing original pieces, at least one of which must be for voice and piano – all names and identifying features must be removed from the scores before applying for the Award;
- Scores must be submitted in .pdf format;
- An audio recording of the two submitted pieces is ideal but not essential;
- Judging will be anonymous; the composer’s name must be removed from the scores before submitting, if not the application will be disqualified;
- Previous winners of this competition are not eligible to enter;
- €2,500 will be awarded to the winning composer;
- Only one application per composer will be accepted;
- The judges’ decision is final and is not open to appeal;
- The winning composer will retain the copyright of the commissioned work;
- The submitted compositions must be the work of the original entrant.
All entry material must be received by 5pm on Friday, 10 June 2022.
For further information and to apply for the Jerome Hynes Young Composers’ Award, please see nch.ie.