Arts Council Funding | Arts Participation Bursary Award
Applications for the Arts Council Arts Participation Bursary Award opens on Tuesday, 24 May.
The purpose of the award is to support professional artists to develop their art practice. It provides artists with the time and resources to think, research, reflect and critically engage with their art. The Arts Participation Bursary Award is intended to support the professional development of practicing artists by enabling them to do one or more of the following:
- Spend focused time working at their practice, including critical reflection and evaluation;
- Spend time researching/thinking about/developing a new idea for future dissemination;
- Spend time developing their technical skills in a particular area;
- Spend time developing/learning new skills related to their practice or area of interest;
- Spend time working with a mentor or collaborator(s) to develop an idea or to assist in developing or upskilling within a particular area of their practice or an area related to their practice;
- Spend time developing an idea in collaboration with a potential partner(s);
- Undertake a short period of training by way of master classes or other professional training opportunities (whether national or international);
- Purchase a limited amount of equipment and materials to assist with the development of their practice (Note: this can be no more than 15% of the value of the overall request for support);
- Spend time undertaking a combination of the above activities.
The award emphasises the value and benefit to an artist’s development derived from an extended process of engagement with their practice, and seeks to provide artists with the time and resources to think, research, reflect and engage deeply with their practice.
Further guidelines will be available on the Arts Council website.
Closing date for applications is 17:30 Thursday, 23 June 2022.
Please note: You must be registered with the online services website to make an application for any Arts Council funding. If you are not already registered, we recommend you register for online services as far in advance of the deadline as possible, as it may take five days for your online services registration to be processed.
We also urge anyone, before starting your application, to reach out to the relevant contact within the Arts Council (email@example.com).
For further information, please see artscouncil.ie.