Funding: Arts Council Strategic Funding 2022
Applications for the Arts Council Strategic Funding are now open.
The purpose of Strategic Funding is to invest in and support the essential infrastructure required to sustain and develop the arts in Ireland. Strategic Funding is intended to support both the operating (core) costs of organisations and the activities that your organisation undertakes to deliver your mission.
Recipients of Strategic Funding must play a critical part in delivering the policy priorities of Making Great Art Work, the Arts Council’s ten-year strategy.
Closing date for applications is 5.30pm on Thursday, 16 September 2021.
In offering Strategic Funding, the Arts Council wishes to ensure:
- The delivery of excellent artwork and/or events activities and services;
- Excellent opportunities for artists and/or arts professionals to develop their practice and/or to create or to be engaged in high-quality work;
- That the diversity of contemporary Ireland is reflected in the work it supports;
- That more people will enjoy high-quality arts experiences;
- Increased depth of engagement by and with the public;
- Standards of excellence in governance and management in the arts.
Strategic Funding is open to organisations only. Organisations can make only one application each year for Strategic Funding.
Please note: You must be registered with the online services website to make an application for any Arts Council funding. If you are not already registered, we recommend you register for online services as far in advance of the deadline as possible, as it may take five days for your online services registration to be processed.
We also urge anyone, before starting your application, to reach out to the relevant contact within the Arts Council at email@example.com.
For further information on the Strategic Funding, templates, guidelines and application details, please see artscouncil.ie.