Chamber Music Tutor Boost | Videos & Resources
On the 28 and 29 November, we held three webinars that focussed on being a boost for chamber music tutors, led by Katharina Baker (Coole Music & Art and Artistic Director of IAYO’s National Chamber Music Workshops) and Katharine Mac Mághnuis (Athenry Music School).
Below you will find the videos of the webinars and extra resources gathered including presentations, links, and sample repertoire. All of the resources are in PDF format.
Session 1: ‘What can they play?’ Finding suitable chamber music repertoire for all levels (led by Katharina Baker and Katharine Mac Mághnuis).
- Presentation by Katharina Baker
- Presentation slides: “What Will We Play?”
- Samples of Sheila Nelson scores
- 3rd Movement of Corelli’s Christmas Concerto Op. 6, No. 8 for two violins and viola
- Flower Suite by K. Baker (Full Score)
- Joraalsa Suite by K. Baker (Full Score)
- Matildas Kitchen Suite by K. Baker (Full Score)
- Turlough Suite by K. Baker (Full Score)
- Flower Duet from Lakme Léo Delibes
- Presentation by Katharine Mac Mághnuis
Session 2: In this session, tutors from our annual National Chamber Music Workshops and other chamber music programmes shared their ideas and pieces that they have tried and found successful.
- Tom Crowley’s presentation
- June Robbins’ presentation
- Presentation slides: Chamber Music – Wind Music
- Hugh Kelly presentation
- Daire Mac Mághnuis presentation
- Presentation slides: Double Bass & Chamber Music | Scoring for amateur Double Bass
- Double Bass Scoring
- Niamh Crowley presentation
Session 3: ‘Structuring chamber music practice for different groups and settings – a practical guide’ (Led by Katharina Baker and Katharine Mac Mághnuis).