Association of British Orchestras’ “Find Your Way” Programme
Applications are now open for the Association of British Orchestras’ Find Your Way programme and will close at 9am on Monday, 7 September 2020.
Find Your Way is a transformative professional development leadership programme for senior and emerging managers in orchestras and classical music organisations who have aspirations for leadership. It offers participants to look boldly to the future, to examine, broaden and improve on current practice for the long-term benefit of the sector. The 9-month programme, starting in October 2020, offers professional development based around a tailored Individual Development Plan co-developed with an experienced coach.
Richard Wigley, Wigley Arts Management Ltd, and Managing Director of the Ulster Orchestra, leads the Find Your Way programme with Andy Beaumont, leadership trainer. Fiona Harvey, ABO Education & Youth Ensembles Consultant, is the programme’s Project Manager.
This is open to applicants from Ireland however, please note that there is a condition that priority will be given to candidates in the UK.
Closing date for applications is 9am, Monday 7 September 2020.
At the heart of Find Your Way is the commitment of ambitious managers and musicians to drive their own knowledge, skills and profile, in combination with mentoring from orchestra CEOs. Guest speakers from the classical music sector are also invited to Find Your Way group meetings, to provide different perspectives and additional learning.
- Three group meetings in October* and December* 2020, and February* 2021, all with CEO level guest speakers;
- Individual Development Plans co-designed by each participant with Richard Wigley;
- Psychometric testing using Thomas International Personality Profile Assessments and associated coaching by Andy Beaumont;
- CEO-level mentoring (up to 6 one-to-one sessions);
- Placements at their mentor’s orchestra;
- ABO Conference, March 2020: attend as delegates; co-design and co-lead, with the other Find Your Way participants, a Fresh Thinking session;
- A 3-day residential management training course, in January* 2021 at Snape Maltings;
- Final group meeting, late April/early May* 2021
* all dates are subject to change and will be confirmed with the participants. The 2020 meetings will be held via Zoom. It is hoped that the 2021 meetings/course/conference will be held in person.
Find Your Way is supported by the ABO Trust, Help Musicians and the Vernon Ellis Foundation. Each participant’s orchestra/ organisation is also expected to contribute a programme fee of £1,500 plus VAT. The cost to non-members is £2000 plus VAT.
For further information and application details, please see abo.org.uk.