Tutor positions: Music Generation Galway County
Galway & Roscommon Education and Training Board (GRETB) are seeking applications for the positions of Music Generation Galway County Musicians / Tutors.
Music Generation Galway County is a new performance music education service for children and young people in Galway County that will provide opportunities for children and young people to access a range of high quality, subsidised vocal and instrumental tuition in their local area. This offers a unique opportunity for dynamic musicians to join the Music Generation Galway County team at a time of exciting change in the music education landscape in Ireland.
Music Generation Galway County is managed and funded locally by Galway and Roscommon Education and Training Board (GRETB) and Galway County Council. GRETB, as Lead Partner for Galway County Music Education Partnership now wishes to recruit suitably qualified and experienced musicians/music tutors to deliver the following programmes:
1. Lán Le Ceol: Music Access Programme in primary school settings (ages 4 – 12)
2. RockPopHipHop: popular music programme for teenagers (ages 13 – 18)
Lán Le Ceol Music Access Programme:
Musicians will deliver this programme largely through singing; competency in another instrument is desirable
Musicians practicing in any of the following instruments: guitar (electric and acoustic), bass guitar, drums, voice, keys in any contemporary Popular Music genre are eligible to apply.
Musicians/music tutors will work with children and young people in group contexts and may work on one or more programmes at any given time. Galway County is divided into three regions as follows:
- East County Galway (Ballinasloe, Gort, Tuam, Loughrea, Athenry and surrounding areas)
- South Connemara (Barna, Spiddal, Carraroe, Rosmuc, Oughterard, Clifden, Lettermullan and surrounding areas)
- North Connemara (Renvyle, Letterfrack, Leenaun, Maum, Clonbur and surrounding areas)
Musicians/music tutors must be available to deliver tuition at more than one location within a region.
Closing date for applications is 12noon, Monday, 22 October 2018.