Job opportunity: Trainee in Communications with the European Music Council
The European Music Council is looking to hire a post-graduate trainee with a focus on communications to work in their head office in Bonn, Germany.
The European Music Council (EMC), the regional group for Europe of the International Music Council (IMC), exists to support the interests of its 75+ member organisations, which include national music councils and music organisations from across Europe. The EMC initiates and organises cooperation projects, conferences and workshops on a European level, and is active in the field of cultural policy.
EMC is looking to recruit a post-graduate trainee with a focus on communication to contribute to the development of the organisation in response to the needs of the European music sector in the 21st century.
EMC offers an inspiring working environment, international contacts in the fields of music and cultural policy, and the opportunity to get an insight in all fields of work of a cultural NGO, such as EU and national cultural policy, international conferences and workshops, funding applications on EU and national levels, membership communication, etc. As trainee, you will receive a monthly compensation of €1,800, (gross) and you will join a young and enthusiastic team.
EMC are looking for a motivated person eager to gain job experience in an internationally active NGO.
Tasks of the trainee will be:
- Assisting the EMC team to implement the communications strategy of the EMC;
- Keeping the EMC social media channels up-to-date;
- Keeping the EMC general website and specific project websites up-to-date;
- Drafting press releases, and fostering existing as well as establishing new PR contacts with relevant media;
- Assisting the EMC team with the organisation of EMC events, such as the European Forum on Music;
- Assisting the EMC team with general administration tasks (email correspondence, shipping of material, dispatch of info-material, data-maintenance etc.).
The European Music Council is looking for an open-minded and dynamic person, with an interest in European cultural issues and international networking who brings qualities such as:
- Experience or interest in communication, press work and social media;
- A degree in communication, cultural sciences, cultural management or equivalent;
- Knowledge of and interest in music;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Knowledge of or interest in European cultural policy;
- Fluent in English, knowledge of German; further languages would be an asset
- Computer Skills (Office, Filemaker, Typo3); further interest in IT related matters would be an asset;
- The ability to prioritise workload and to work independently;
- A willingness to work flexible hours and travel.
The contract will be limited to 24 months, preferably starting on 1 February 2020.
Please email your applications by 17 November 2019 to Tanja Huthwelker, EMC office administrator at email@example.com.
Interviews will take place on 2 December 2019 in the EMC office in Bonn, Germany.
For further information, please see emc-imc.org.