RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra seek Music Librarian
The RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra has a vacancy for a Music Librarian. Reporting to the General Manager, RTÉ NSO, the Music Librarian is responsible for the day-to-day provision and collection of orchestral scores and for the administration of the library requirements for a performance and broadcasting orchestra.
Main responsibilities of the role will include:
- To assist programme planning and delivery of concerts through the timely provision of a cost-effective first class music library service which involves researching and hiring orchestral scores, associated invoicing and other administration duties as required.
- Organising music hire and administration of related payments.
- Ensuring the NSO has the required performance materials for all its activities.
- Co-ordinating the movement of music between the Library and anywhere the orchestra is operating.
- Ordering, checking, organising payment for and returning all music required for all NSO events.
- Liaising with the Orchestra Manager on orchestral line-ups, clarifying line-ups once the orchestral parts have arrived, and updating the Concerts & Planning team.
- Providing backstage support and management at sessions as agreed with Orchestra Manager and on occasion, be the management representative.
- Handling queries from musicians, conductors and production management queries relating to musical and general library archive.
- Checking bowing markings in all string parts per work performed.
- Distribution of music at all rehearsals and concerts and keeping track of all music borrowed by individual musicians for practise.
- Responsibility for managing, maintaining, assessing and acquiring music for the NSO.
- Manual handling as required.
- Undertaking other duties as may be required and agreed with General Manager, Orchestra Manager or Concerts & Planning Co-Ordinator.
The successful candidate will have significant experience as a Music Librarian with an excellent knowledge of classical symphonic music. S/he will have a third level qualification in a relevant discipline, with excellent organisational and cataloguing skills to carry out effectively the duties of this role. The ability to hand copy orchestral parts and to use a computer-based notation system is also required.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 27 December 2019.
For further information please visit: rte.ie