Offaly County Council seek Youth Arts Facilitator
Offaly County Council Arts Office is seeking tenders for the appointment of a temporary youth arts facilitator; for the delivery of a pilot project which will explore a new model of youth arts provision, the focus being: enabling young voices in the initiation, development and delivery of youth arts programming.
The Youth Arts Facilitator will work collaboratively with the Arts Office of Offaly County Council and via external stakeholders,with young people in County Offaly. The successful applicant will be offered a contract for service based upon receipt of a proposal that will be assessed and recommended by an independent panel.
- Working with young people, youth arts organisations and youth facilitators and to develop a youth-led Arts Forum model involving young people in the planning, and delivery and evaluation of this initiative
- Working with the newly formed Youth Arts Forum, find appropriate ways to find and engage with new participants and audiences, in particular those who may not have engaged with the arts before
Skills & Personal Qualities of the Ideal Candidate:
- Hold a relevant primary degree and or qualification from a recognised awards authority majoring in an arts discipline
- Have at least fiveyears’ relevant experience -must includepractitioner and facilitation experiencein the field of youtharts/participatory arts
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Youth Arts Structure, Practice andPolicies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Local Authority functions and priorities
- Be an excellent communicator and motivator
- Demonstrate the ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Have the creative ability to envisage a Youth arts model that will be sustainable within the Arts Office strategic priorities
- Have the organisational ability to co-ordinate and deliver new youth arts initiatives that will form part of a sustainable youth arts strategy; this will include:
- Proven track record of project management and working to deadlines
- A proven track record of budget managementoDemonstration ofIT/Multimedia skills
- Public Relations skills including experience of writing press releases, information brochures, social media posts and liaising with the media.
- Have evidence of excellent organisational, interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Hold a current/full Irish/E.U. driving licence
Closing date for tenders is Thursday 25 July at 3pm
For further information and guidelines on how to apply please see www.offaly.ie