Job Opportunity: Irish Midlands Youth Orchestra seeks Musical Director and Conductor
The Irish Midlands Youth Orchestra are seeking a Musical Director and Conductor for a period of one year with a possibility of renewal.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Act as Musical Director & Conductor of the Irish Midlands Youth Orchestra.
- Responsible for choice of repertoire each year, with consideration given to difficulty, learning outcomes, enjoyment, and overall suitability.
- Responsible for musical arrangements when needed (directly or indirectly).
- Conduct youth orchestra in rehearsals, workshops and performances.
- Ensure that every member has sheet music for each piece (if their part is required) each time the orchestra meets.
- Audition and interview potential new members.
- Direct tutors/instructors of the Irish Midlands Youth orchestra.
- Liaise and consult with conductor/tutors of intermediate Orchestra if and when required.
- Liaise regularly with parents committee.
- Liaise with outside acts/musical groups for potential concerts or collaborations.
- Work with local, national and international music teachers, conductors and networks, etc.
Conducting experience essential.
Enquiries & Applications (including Musical CV) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th March 2018.