Job opportunity: Leader, RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra
RTÉ invites applications for the position of Leader, RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra (80%), reporting to the General Manager, RTÉ NSO. The Leader must be a brilliant instrumentalist, who possesses good leadership and excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
The RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra (RTÉ NSO) holds approximately 27 main season symphonic concerts per year (September through May) at the National Concert Hall in Dublin. In addition RTÉ NSO produces recordings as well as popular and educational concerts.
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the Orchestra and manage the 1st Violin section
- Maintain the highest standard of professional playing and musical and artistic excellence required by the Orchestra
- Support professionally and work collaboratively with conductors and soloists engaged by the Orchestra
- Build and support positive working relationships with all other members of the orchestra, the section and any freelance players engaged by the orchestra
- Lead the Orchestra effectively, and share responsibility with the management for effective performance management, supporting all RTÉ policies on people management and diversity
- Be able to foster an environment in which artistic excellence flourishes
- Work in accordance with RTÉ Health and Safety guidelines and policy
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Significant leading experience, ideally in a symphonic environment
- Excellent knowledge of repertoire and styles
- 3rd level qualification in performance or equivalent experience
- Meticulous accuracy and attention to detail
- Creative flare with strong technical skills
- Strong interest in classical and orchestral music
- Ability to work to under pressure is essential
For further information and application details, please see the RTÉ website.