Job Opportunity: Irish National Opera Head of Communications & Development
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Head of Communications & Development for Irish National Opera will devise and implement a strategy for all communications (marketing collateral, website, social networking, newsletter, media and public relations, individual donors, corporate supporters, public funding bodies and others) in order to consistently articulate Irish National Opera’s brand and mission and to generate income from various sources, including earned income/box office sales.
The Head of Communications & Development will work closely with the Executive Director and the Artistic Director and will supervise a small team within the department (initially a Marketing Manager and a Development Manager).
- Develop, implement and evaluate a communication plan across all of the company’s external communications.
- Build, develop and implement strategies to increase brand awareness and to maximise audiences.
- Develop and implement a robust digital strategy for the company.
- Identify and exploit opportunities available through digital platforms.
- Devise and implement strategies to engage existing opera audiences.
- Devise and implement strategies to develop and grow new opera audiences from diverse backgrounds, to re-engage former opera audiences and to expand audience demographics, with a particular emphasis on young people.
- Oversee the generation and distribution of print/online/other content in partnership with the Marketing Manager
- In co-operation with Executive Director and Marketing Manager, devise, lead and deliver a range of marketing and advertising campaigns with distinct and diverse outcomes targeting existing and new audiences with the aim of generating box office sales.
- Manage all media contacts and devise and implement PR campaigns with a primary focus on Irish media, but also including international press.
- Design and implement a “friends’ scheme” tailored to the company’s needs and profile.
- Develop and implement a plan to identify and secure a wide portfolio of individual donors.
- Develop and implement a plan to identify and secure corporate support from a variety of sources.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, secure funding from other sources including the broadcast sector, trusts, foundations and the public sector.
Experience and Skills
Minimum 5 years substantial and directly relevant experience.
Dame Street, Dublin 2
Application deadline – 2nd March 2018.
To apply you must include your cover letter and CV.
Further details on the role will be made available at the time of application.
For further information, see here.