Job Opportunity: Festival Manager with Cork International Choral Festival
The Cork International Choral Festival, Cork’s longest running festival, invites applications for the position of Festival Manager. The Festival Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day management of the Festival including office structures, administration procedures, marketing and the overall logistics of event management.
- Day to day management of the Festival Office and staff.
- Ensure that all the required office administration relating to the efficient operation of the festival is undertaken.
- Prepare funding applications and maintain existing grant aid relationships e.g. Arts Council, Fáilte Ireland, City Council, etc.
- Work with key stakeholders in production and delivery of key tourism KPI’s.
- Ensure that all the required organisational and logistical planning relating to the efficient operation of the festival and its activities is undertaken.
- Report to and advise the Festival Director on matters relevant to the operation and development of the festival.
- Represent the Festival on boards and committees as required.
- Prepare and present reports to the Board of Directors.
- Maintain relationships with existing sponsors and develop new sponsorship streams, working with the Business Development Manager.
- Manage all matters related to the festival’s finances, maintain an efficient system of financial control and accounts, monitor budget, prepare and circulate monthly financial reports.
- Be proactive in the development of strategies to increase audiences.
- Ensure the effective promotion of the Festival.
- Excellent administration, organisation, communication and IT skills.
- A strong track record in event management.
- Experience and good understanding of tourism deliverables is a huge asset.
- Capable of working on their own initiative.
- A background in arts management as well as marketing is highly desirable.
- The ability to manage finances, prepare funding applications and a flexible approach to work schedules is a pre-requisite.
- Team management skills.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience
For further information, please see Cork International Choral Festival website.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to John Fitzpatrick, Festival Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org