Job Opportunity: Co-ordinator of Laois School of Music (Temporary)
Laois County Council is seeking to hire a Co-ordinator for the Laois School of Music (temporary, one year).
The role of Laois School of Music Coordinator will involve:
- Coordination of all aspects of Laois School of Music Ltd and its continued development and growth of its student body.
- Administration, monitoring, reporting, resource and financial management, event management and other aspects of the School of Music operations.
- Provision of support to the Board of Laois School of Music Ltd.
- Developing and providing internal and external communications, using relevant and up-to-date communication tools.
- Promotion of music among families and the wider community in Laois, including audience development.
- Working in partnership with Music Generation Laois on collaborative programmes and local tuition centre management, where appropriate.
Laois School of Music was established in September 2001, when Laois County Council identified a significant need for the provision of musical education in the Midlands region. Laois School of Music Ltd has developed from a zero base to its present position of approximately 400 students, 14 part-time specialised Music teachers and a full-time Co-ordinator. In providing quality tuition in Piano, Guitar, Strings, Woodwind, Voice, Percussion, Kindermusic, Junior and Leaving Cert Music, Laois School of Music has become a recognised Centre of Excellence for Laois and the surrounding counties. There is a thriving Orchestral programme in place, with up to 60 members age 8 to 18, who play as a Junior Orchestra (Orpheus), a Senior Ensemble and as a combined Youth Orchestra for larger events.
Further information and application details can be found at localgovernmentjobs.ie.
Closing date for applications is 4pm, Wednesday 20 June.
Laois School of Music Co-ordinator (temporary) Job Description.
Laois School of Music Co-ordinator (temporary) Application Form.