Job opportunity: Administrator & PR Assistant with Improvised Music Company
Improvised Music Company (IMC) is currently looking for a self-motivated individual to join a small team in the role of Administrator & PR Assistant. This is a core role as part of a small team working together in delivering our broad-ranging programme of live music and activities. It requires a high degree of multitasking and excellent time management. IT and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
IMC is an Arts Council funded resource for Irish jazz musicians and a leading promoter of jazz, ethnic and improvised music concerts, festivals and musicians in Ireland, established in 1991.
The administrative aspects of the role will see you coordinating certain operations within IMC, managing tasks and active engagement in planning according to the needs of the company.
If there are office resource or other administrative requirements, you will be the person tasked with managing them. The role includes;
– Effectively manage the day to day running of the IMC office.
– Maintaining company databases to ensure they are up to date, relevant and accurate
– Assisting the Artistic Director with general administrative duties to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the organisation.
– Maintaining a clean and enjoyable working environment
– Handling external or internal communication or management systems
– Organising, arranging and coordinating staff meetings and their resultant tasks
– Answering phone calls dealing with a wide variety of requests and/or transferring them to the correct team member.
– Dealing with ongoing email and social media enquiries.
– Office calendar management and administration to ensure all activities are up to date
– Other ad-hoc duties as required from time to time by Marketing and/or Production departments.
This aspect of the job involves working with the Marketing Director in promoting IMC’s activities and communicating to a variety of publics. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Assist in the promotion of IMC’s programme and activities at a local and national level.
– Liaising with both national and local press to achieve media coverage.
– Creating content and writing copy for IMC’s social media channels
– Managing and monitoring social media, website analytics and other measurable reports
– Reviewing activity sales and providing weekly sales reports and insights
– Managing and updating the IMC websites on a regular basis.
– Assist the Marketing Director in creating and implementing an audience development plan focusing on both maximising box office revenue and engaging with communities.
This job description is expected to evolve during the course of the appointment and offers an opportunity to make your own mark.
Hours: 3 days per week (10am-6pm with an hour for lunch)
In addition to office hours, the role occasionally involves work on weekends and evenings at IMC events.
Salary: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details of the salary for this position
Interested applicants should apply to email@example.com with a CV and cover letter outlining their suitability for the role.
Deadline: 5pm on Monday 12 November
Interviews will take place on Thursday 15 November.
For further information on the role and IMC, please see improvisedmusic.ie.