First Music Contact seek Music From Ireland Assistant
First Music Contact is the Arts Council funded resource organisation for the popular music sector in Ireland. Activities centre around amplifying the soundtrack to Ireland’s future by supporting Irish artists and those who work with them.
As part of their programme of supports for artists and the independent music sector in Ireland they deliver the Irish Music Export initiative, Music From Ireland in partnership with Culture Ireland.
They have secured funding from Culture Ireland to offer a part-time fixed term contract to help develop our export activity under Music From Ireland.
The role of Music From Ireland Assistant requires a key number of tasks surrounding pre- and post-event planning and reporting as well as attendance at some of their 11 international events.
The position will include:
- Pre-event planning and budgeting
- Production (overseas)
- Event management (overseas)
- Artist liaison (overseas)
- Post-event financial report to Culture Ireland
- Post-event artist reports
- Post-event evaluation
The ideal candidate must have:
- A working knowledge of the music industry
- Be personable Be able to travel
- Must be familiar with First Music Contact and their role within the music industry in Ireland and internationally
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Some production background is also desirable
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 26th with the subject line Music From Ireland Assistant.
For further information please contact: creativecareers.ie