Arts Council Young People, Children, and Education Bursary Award 2018
The Young People, Children, and Education Bursary Award supports individual professional artists working with, and producing work for, children and young people across a range of art forms.
The award emphasises the value and benefit to an artist’s development derived from a process of reflective engagement and is to support professional artists to develop their art practice. It provides them with the time and resources to think, research, and reflect on and their work.
Potential proposals could:
- Enable an artist to explore and articulate the impact children and/or young people have on her/his creative process and the artistic work produced
- Enable an artist to interrogate and develop her/his own practice in partnership with potential young audiences or participants, other artists, educators
(in and/or out of school) and/or parents
- Provide an opportunity for an artist to work with a highly qualified and experienced mentor
- Enable a professional artist with significant experience in her/his art form but with limited experience in developing work with or for young audiences/participants to develop this aspect of their practice
- Enable a young artist (aged 18+) who has demonstrated artistic leadership and innovation in her/his artistic endeavours as a young person to develop their capacity to engage other young participants or audiences in the arts.
The closing date for applications is 5.30pm, Thursday 12 July 2018.
Maximum awarded €10,000
Applicant type: Individual Artist
For further information, please see the Arts Council website.