The Arts Council Music Project Award – For Professional Musicians
The music project award supports specific projects in the field of music commencing on or after 1 January 2019.
The purpose of the award is to support projects that enrich the musical landscape by facilitating professional artists in bringing innovative, ambitious and high-quality projects to audiences, both in live performance settings and through other audience channels.
The Arts Council has identified the following as a strategic priority for support through this award:
- Projects that show a clear, planned and thought-through focus on maximising public reach and engagement, and in engaging and developing new audiences
- Professional artists of high quality who engage in devised or collaborative creative process
Potential proposals could be those that:
- Involve the creation and/or presentation of new work
- Are performance and public(s)-oriented focus on repertoire new to audiences across all music genres and/or offer experiences unique in the context for which they are intended – for example, repertoire by major international figures rarely performed in Ireland; second-performance projects featuring existing Irish compositions; repertoire by neglected historical figures (Irish and international)
- Deliver significant development opportunities to professional practitioners
- Add significantly to the canon of new or historic Irish repertoire in a way that will enhance future performance possibilities
- Bring music of all genres to new contexts or new audiences or expand the avenues through which music reaches people
- Are high-quality artistic projects that demonstrate a strong and imaginative curatorial approach.
Closing date 17:30, Thursday 16 August 2018
Applicant type Individual Artist, Organisation
For further information please visit: artscouncil.ie