Funding: Bank of Ireland Begin Together Arts Fund in partnership with Business to Arts
The Bank of Ireland Begin Together Arts Fund in partnership with Business to Arts (The Fund) is now open for applications.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 4 November 2020.
The Fund will distribute a total of €1million between 2020 and 2022 to support artists and arts projects across the island of Ireland (Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland), including all art forms whose projects benefit a range of audiences.
The Fund will support or commission artists or groups of artists to work with a partner organisation (e.g. a venue or event, arts organisation, community/voluntary organisation or another funding agency/organisation) in the development of new or existing artwork(s) / arts project(s). In 2020, The Fund aims to support artwork(s) / arts project(s) that:
1. have been adapted due to COVID-19
With this criteria, Business to Arts are seeking to support artwork(s) / arts project(s) that have been adapted due to COVID-19. For example, this may include projects that require funding to help with the costs, equipment or expertise related to:
- technology and distribution of artwork(s) / arts project(s) online (e.g. professional filming, equipment, and skills required);
- adapting venues, exhibition spaces or spaces for performances for socially-distant audiences etc.
- adapting models for the delivery of learning and public engagement programmes to reach their audience;
- adapting artwork(s) / arts project(s) so they can be realised in the public realm or outdoors.
2. are inspired by/respond to COVID-19
With this criteria, they are seeking to support the creation of new artwork(s) / arts project(s) based on themes, narratives, or ideas which have been prompted due to living through the pandemic and our current environment. For example, this may include helping to realise new artwork(s) / arts project(s) created specifically:
- for digital and online audiences;
- for the public realm or outdoors;
- hybrid models of delivery (e.g. online and in-venue);
- to respond to themes of people impacted by COVID-19, lockdown, opening society etc.
For this first round, only projects that plan to take place between February 2021 and December 2021 are eligible.
Applicants can request funds between €3,000 – €10,000 / c. GBP£2,500 – £8,400.
For further information, applications and criteria, please see businesstoarts.ie.