Arts Council Young Ensemble Scheme
The Arts Council are now accepting applications for the Young Ensemble Scheme. Closing date for applications in 5.30pm, Thursday 15th February 2018.
The primary purpose of this award is to support groups of young people between the ages of 12 and 24 to create ambitious and original work together in any art form (e.g., architecture, circus, dance, digital media, film, music, theatre, literature, visual arts or any combination of the above). Groups/ensembles must be made up of 3 or more members.
Priority will be given to applications that demonstrate the following:
- The capacity to deliver a high-quality artistic process that is ambitious and original, provides a challenging and rewarding experience for the participants, and enables them to develop their artistic skills.
- A process that ensures young people will have a strong sense of ‘artistic ownership’ of the project they undertake. This may mean they will have a role in devising, creating, composing or designing an original piece of work or artistic initiative, or that they will undergo a well-structured process of exploring, interpreting, or reimagining a given script/composition/artistic work or initiative.
- Youth-led initiatives, and/or initiatives that actively support and develop youth leadership, with the support or mentorship of professional artists or arts organisations.
- Evidence of the ensemble’s artistic activities or work produced to date, and how funding will enable the participants to develop their experience further. (In the case of a new ensemble, evidence of other relevant projects in which the young people or artistic leaders have been involved should be demonstrated.)
- Evidence that young people have played a central role in developing the proposal, and will be involved in documenting, reflecting on and evaluating the project.
For more information and guidelines on the Young Ensemble Scheme, see here.
Closing date: 5.30pm, Thursday 15 February 2018
Maximum award: €10,000
Applicant type: Organisation
Contact: Eimear Harte
Telephone: 01 6180200