Funding: Arts Council Strategic Funding Now Open
Applications are now open The Arts Council Strategic Funding and will close at 5.30pm on Thursday, 5 September 2019.
The purpose of Strategic Funding is to invest in and support the essential infrastructure required to sustain and develop the arts in Ireland. Recipients of Strategic Funding must play a critical part in delivering the policy priorities of Making Great Art Work, the Arts Council’s ten-year strategy.
In offering Strategic Funding to organisations, the Arts Council wishes to ensure:
- The delivery of excellent artwork and/or events activities and services;
- Excellent professional development opportunities for practising artists and/or arts professionals;
- That the diversity of contemporary Ireland is reflected in the work it supports;
- That more people will enjoy high-quality arts experiences;
- Increased depth of engagement by and with the public;
- Standards of excellence in governance and management in the arts.
Strategic Funding is open to organisations only. Organisations can make only one application each year for Strategic Funding.
- To be eligible for application, your organisation must:
Be formally constituted as either a Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG) or a Designated Activity Company (DAC), or be a statutory body;
- Apply in its own name, and not in the name of another company or individual.
For further information, please see artscouncil.ie.