Arts Council Opera Bursary Award
The Arts Council will open applications for the Opera Bursary Award on 18 December 2018. The closing date for applications will be 5:30pm, Thursday 31 January 2019.
The objective of the Opera Bursary Award is to support individual professional artists in the field of opera in the development of their artistic practices.
The award emphasises the value and benefit to an artist’s development derived from an extended process of engagement with their practice. The award, therefore, provides artists with the time and resources to think, research, reflect and engage with their artistic practices.
Potential proposals could be those that:
- Enable a composer, librettist conductor or performer working in any opera genre to buy time for the development of their artistic practice
- Facilitate the development or completion of a specific body of artistic work
- Enable artists to invest time in focused advanced study, with appropriate mentoring, of a particular repertoire or area of professional development.
The Arts Council has identified the following as strategic priorities for support through this award:
- Professional artists working on the creation or performance of new Irish opera, or on performing editions of historic Irish opera not yet generally available
- Professional artists developing specialist period-performance practice as conductors, instrumentalists or singers
- Professional development of emerging Irish composers, librettists, conductors and opera directors of proven promise.
The award is open to professional artists.
Closing date: 5:30pm, Thursday 31 January 2019
Maximum awarded: €10,000
For further information, please see artscouncil.ie or contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01 61 80 200.