DIT Conservatory of Music and Drama seeks a Conservatory Events Manager (3 year fixed term, part-time 0.6 FTE)
Closing Date: 5pm on 29 November 2013
More information: www.dit.ie
The Conservatory of Music and Drama presents an exciting range of public performances each year. Reporting to the Head of the Conservatory of Music and Drama, the Conservatory Events Manager will be responsible for the overall management and administration of Conservatory events,.
Applicants should have a background in the performing arts along with evidence of professional experience in arts management.
A significant level of experience in events management is required, along with a firm understanding of professional events management in an educational context.
Excellent inter-personal and organisational skills are required for the role with the ability to build relationships both externally and internally.
An understanding of working in a student-centred environment is key to the role along with a commitment to enhancing students’ learning and development through performances and events.
The role will involve planning the Conservatory’s calendar of events and preparing and monitoring budgets for events. The position also requires the ability to manage resources and to contribute to a working environment that allows musicians, actors and students to do their best work, consistent with organisational goals and objectives.
The key responsibilities of the job include:
1. Responsible to the Head of Conservatory for the efficient and effective co-ordination of events
2. Taking a lead role in planning Conservatory events, including overseeing the production of the Conservatory Calendar/events brochure, with a view to maintaining and enhancing the quality of Conservatory events
3. Cost-effective implementation of all production requirements and the timely execution of all third party contracts including artists and venues
4. Preparation and monitoring of event budgets
5. Contributing to the development and implementation of the Conservatory’s strategic plan
6. Using initiative to grow audiences for Conservatory events
7. Managing liaison with the Conservatory’s ensembles-in-residence
8. Liaising with external agencies in order to arrange masterclasses and other Conservatory events, including summer schools
9. Timely co-ordination and execution of day-to-day detailed planning and execution of concerts, projects and events in order to meet artistic objectives, and audience and revenue targets